Downloads Which audio format too choose?
In general, if you’re using iTunes and/or Apple devices (iPod, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) you’ll want to choose AAC for Standard Definition (SD) or Apple Lossless for High Definition (HD). The MP3 formats will play through iTunes and Apple devices, but frequently album art or other “meta-data” does not transfer properly. FLAC stands for “Free Lossless Audio Codec.” You can read more than you ever wanted to know about it here and here. FLAC is a high quality format but you should choose it only if you know how to work with it.
Exchanges and Returns: General Policy
All sales from the Crossfade store are final, however, if you believe you’ve received a defective product, please contact us at info(a)crossfade(dot)nu.
Thank you for visiting the crossfade.nu website. Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used at crossfade.nu.
The Information We Collect:
At the crossfade.nu website, you can order products, and subscribe to potential services such as online newsletters. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected from these pages include: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and credit card information. At certain parts of some of our site, only persons who provide us with the requested personally identifiable information will be able to order products and services or otherwise participate in the site's activities and offerings. We also may collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit many of our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer or Netscape), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows 98 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink).
How We Use the Information:
We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you. We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as when we make changes to our subscriber agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online newsletter, or to contact you about your account with us. The information we collect in connection with our website is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you new products, programs, or services. We sometimes use the non-personally identifiable information that we collect to improve the design and content of our site and to enable us to personalize your Internet experience. We also may use this information in the aggregate to analyze site usage, as well as to offer you products, programs, or services. We may disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena. We also may disclose such information in response to a law enforcement agency's request. Agents and contractors of crossfade.nu who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect this information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice by, for example, not using the information for any purpose other than to carry out the services they are performing for crossfade.nu. Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Privacy Notice. Finally, the crossfade.nu website will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Our Commitment to Security:
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
How to Contact Us:
If you have any questions or concerns about the crossfade.nu online policy for this site or its implementation you may contact us at info(at)crossfade(dot)nu.
Effective as of October 31, 2011.
This page contains our full User Agreement. You may wish to print this page for reference.
1. OWNERSHIP AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- 1.1. Ownership. Crossfade is the exclusive owner and proprietor of the Site. The Site Content and Site Code as they exist on the Site are offered to you by Crossfade for limited use pursuant to these Terms and Use. "Site Content" means any and all human readable audio and/or visual elements of the Site, including without limitation, any text, graphics, images, illustrations, photographs animation, video/audio or audiovisual works, designs or logos, information, and other content made available through the Site. "Site Code" means any and all underlying elements of this Site, including without limitation source code, script, object code, software, computer programs, and other sets of statements or instructions contained in or underlying the Site. Site Content and Site Code may sometimes be collectively referred to herein as the "Materials."
- 1.2. Copyright. The Site Content and Site Code are owned by Crossfade and/or the associated music publishers and are protected by applicable domestic and international copyright laws. Copyright © Crossfade. All Rights Reserved. Unless expressly permitted elsewhere in the Site by Crossfade, you shall not copy, distribute, publish, perform, modify, download, transmit, transfer, sell, license, reproduce, create derivative works from or based upon, distribute, post, publicly display, frame, link, or in any other way exploit any of the Site Content or Code, in whole or in part. Links to the Site, other than to the Home Page, are only permitted upon express permission from and arrangement with Crossfade. Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved. Any violation of copyright laws may result in severe civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.
- 1.3. Trademark. Crossfade, crossfade.nu are trademarks and service marks belonging to Crossfade (the " Crossfade Marks"). Any product, service, or trade name other than those owned by Crossfade that identify a third party as the source thereof may, even if not so indicated, be the service mark or trademark of that respective entity or individual. Any unauthorized use of the Crossfade Marks is strictly prohibited.
- 1.4. Trademark. Any product, service, or trade name other than those owned by Crossfade that identify a third party as the source thereof may, even if not so indicated, be the service mark or trademark of that respective entity or individual. Any unauthorized use of the Crossfade Marks is strictly prohibited. our web pages such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer or Netscape), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows 98 or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, Earthlink).
2. USE OF THE SITE, GENERAL TERMS
- 2.2 Non-Commercial/Personal Use Limitation. Crossfade grants you this license for the limited purpose of personal use, and not for any commercial purpose. No business entity (e.g., corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship) is licensed to use this Site. You hereby agree not to use the Site, the Materials, or any element or portion thereof (including, without limitation, e-mail addresses of users), for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
- 2.3 Nature of Services. Crossfade offers its Site services for entertainment purposes only. Crossfade does not warrant the truth or validity of the information contained on its site. You acknowledge and understand that, because of the possibility of human and mechanical error, mistakes or omissions in the data or information provided, delays or interruptions of the data or information stream from whatever cause, as well as other factors, Crossfade is not responsible for errors in or omissions from the information contained or accessed through the Site. ALL INFORMATION AND CONTENT ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- 2.4 Username/Password. Crossfade may issue you a username and/or password for access to certain portions of, or services provided via, the Site. You shall hold and secure any such username or password as strictly confidential. Accordingly, you shall not allow friends, family, business associates or other persons access to or use of such username or password. You shall not post the username or password on any website nor transmit it through unsecured sites. Crossfade shall not be responsible whatsoever in the event that your password is misappropriated by a third party.
- 2.8 Terms Relating to Refunds. All purchases from www.crossfade.nu are non-refundable.
4 DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 4.2 NEITHER Crossfade NOR ANY PROVIDER OF CONTENT FOR THE SITE OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, FREE FROM VIRUSES OR SECURITY BREACHES; NOR DOES Crossfade, ANY PROVIDER OF CONTENT TO THE SITE, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE SITE. THE SITE CONTENT IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE ACCURATE, TIMELY OR VERIFIED. THE SITE AND THE SITE CONTENT ARE DISTRIBUTED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Crossfade AND ITS AGENTS DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, ANY CONTENT, OR ANY GOODS OR SERVICES SOLD THROUGH THE SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE AND THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT OR DATA MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE IS ASSUMED SOLELY BY YOU.
- 4.3 NEITHER Crossfade, ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDER NOR THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- 4.4 WITHOUT WAIVING THE EXCLUSIVE GOVERNING LAW CLAUSE BELOW, SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF Crossfade, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- 4.5 Indemnity. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Crossfade and its Affiliates from and against any and all liability and costs incurred by Crossfade or the Affiliates in connection with any claim arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of your obligations set forth herein. You shall cooperate as fully as reasonably required in the defense of any claim. Crossfade reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any matter without the written consent of Crossfade.
5 GENERAL TERMS.
(i) Electronic mail (e-mail) must be sent to: info[at]crossfade[dot]nu
- 5.5 Age of Majority, Right to enter into this Agreement. You represent and warrant to Crossfade that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and that you possess the legal right and ability to enter into this Agreement and to use the Site in accordance with this Agreement.
- 5.8 Use in Other Locations. This site is operated in Sweden. No representation or warranty is made that the Materials in this Site are legal, appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with any and all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. No software from this Site may be downloaded, exported or re-exported into (or to a national or resident of) any countries that are subject to Swedish export restrictions.
- 5.9 Force Majeure. Crossfade shall not have any liability to you hereunder by reason of any delay or failure to perform any obligation or covenant if the delay or failure to perform is occasioned by force majeure, meaning any act of God, storm, fire, casualty, unanticipated work stoppage, power outage, satellite failure, strike, lockout, labor dispute, civil disturbance, riot, war, national emergency, act of Government, act of public enemy, or other cause of similar or dissimilar nature beyond its control.
- 5.10 Waiver. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default.
- 5.11 No Jury Trial. YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS TO A TRIAL BY JURY IN ANY PROCEEDING WITH US.
- 5.12 Descriptive Headings. The headings of the various sections herein are for convenience of reference only and shall not define, limit or otherwise affect any of the terms or provisions hereof.
- 5.14.1 To the Agreement. Crossfade has the right to modify this Agreement and any policies affecting the Site, including without limitation the No-Commercialization Policy. Any modification is effective immediately upon posting to the Site or distribution via electronic mail or conventional mail. Your continued use of the Site following notice of any modification to this Agreement shall be conclusively deemed an acceptance of all such modification(s). Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any modifications made pursuant to this provision, or any policies or practices of Crossfade in providing the Site, including without limitation (i) any change in the Content, or (ii) any change in the amount or type of fees associated with the Fee-Based Services, is to cancel your subscription in accordance with the subscription help instructions.
- 5.14.2 To the Site. Crossfade has the right to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any portion thereof at any time, including the availability of any area of the Site, including without limitation the Fee-Based Services. Crossfade may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Crossfade Site without notice or liability.